FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Review of sorts (Proprius)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robbiec View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robbiec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review of sorts (Proprius)
    Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 11:04pm
I have been sitting and listening to my vinyl collection with fresh insight today. My system is a cobbled today mix of old and new, English and French - Rega P2 TT with a Rega Exact mm cartridge (gasp.. Not even a P3 minimum :p) with the standard Rega cabling to a GS Gran Amp SE whereupon it used to go to an Onkyo A9010 as recommended by What Hi-fi and from there across some Mark Grant speaker cables into a pair of Focal Aria 906 standmounters. That will changed this morning when a box with a pair of GS Proprius arrived. Lautus RCA to XLR between GS phono amp and Proprii. I set the volume at quarter to..
Initial thoughts after running a mix of vinyl (M Jackson - Thriller, Deep Purple - Made in Japan, Tori Amos - Boys for Pele, The Pretty Reckless - Death by Rock and Roll) 
1: Despite their diminutive size, just how big their sound is (I used another adjective in a mail to John :)) 
2: Extra layers of insight revealed, onion like 
3: Cheerfully stomping their absolute authority on the 906s - the Onkyo would lose control during hectic sections
4: I'm listening to Lanterns on the Lake with the Royal Northern Sinfonia at between 25 and 20 to, 3 meters away and it is quiet but room filling. Conversely I had taken them up to 12 o'clock (DP Child in Time and MJ Billie Jean) and the quality was such that I was unaware just how loud I was going until I stepped out into the garden and could still hear the music.
5: Tori Amos is absolutely glorious with this combo. 

Absolutely fabulous kit 

PS - I'll probably look at an Accession M with Spatia to the 906s in the very near future. 
Hang on tightly, let go lightly.

Voyager x 2 | Bitzie | Gran Amp 2 SE | Solo SRGII | PSU1 x 3 | Proprius x 2 | Majestic | Rega Planar 2 & Exact | Focal Aria & Elegia
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 7:29pm
Thank you Robbie.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic