FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Digimess BP3002 PSU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digimess BP3002 PSU
    Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 3:14pm
Dual 30V 3A Linear PSU.
Possibly wishful thinking but does anybody know where I might find a circuit schematic for my PSU, the +ve channel voltage is unstable below about 20V, the manufacturer has gone to the wall.Dead
I have opened up the case and it seems to comprise of several secondary transformer tappings feeding LM regulators, Op Amps and 2 power transistors, please see photo. The -ve channel seems to use exactly the same components as the +ve.
Thanks.

Edited by peterb - 09 Mar 2023 at 3:15pm
Peter
---------------------------------------
Dual 505-1, Cyrus CD T, DIY 80W MosFet amp and PreAmp, 2xKEF 103.2
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 9:41am
Having a search on the internet came up with this, which may be worth following up:

Also, if the two channels are identical, a direct comparison of voltages around the circuit could pinpoint the problem. If is going unstable below a voltage, I would suggest a decoupling capacitor in the voltage reference feedback loop has gone (channel oscillating).

Geoff
Inspire Apollo tt, O/L modded RB250, Ortofon 2M Black, Slee Different Approach inspired Phono, Putzeys Pre, Cusat, Raspberry Pi/Volumio, Bitzie, Self Load Invariant Power, Acoustic Energy AE509s
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 10:28am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 10:44am
Thanks Geoff and Graham.
Geoff: Yes my thoughts exactly about comparing voltages and a capacitor fault. 
I have bought the circuit diagrams option (£5) to check if my model is listed, waiting for its arrival.
Graham: I am afraid searching that site came back with nothing. 

I have to say I am puzzled that the circuit uses fixed voltage LMs and not the variable voltage ones. If I can get a schematic maybe it will become clearer !
Peter
peterb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote peterb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 10:10pm
Geoff your link turned up trumps, not just a likely schematic but an email contact that used to be a director of the old Company!
I have followed his suggestions and I still can't believe it, cleaning the control pot fixed it !!
Now I just have to take it apart again to clean the other pots, then it is good to go. Smile
Peter
gwebster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwebster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 8:12am
Pleased to hear its fixed. Funnily enough, as I read your previous post, it had occurred to me that it could just be a dirty pot. 

Inspire Apollo tt, O/L modded RB250, Ortofon 2M Black, Slee Different Approach inspired Phono, Putzeys Pre, Cusat, Raspberry Pi/Volumio, Bitzie, Self Load Invariant Power, Acoustic Energy AE509s
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic