FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

cartridge match advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:27pm
Hi Charles,
The RB250 is a fine arm but the Audiomods Classic 3 will be a significant improvement on it.
You'll notice the superior bearing quality the 1st time you hand cue.
Wiring & counterweight mods can improve the RB but the Audiomods is a major redesign
with only the arm tube left, which is the Rega's strong point.
I did something similar a few years ago & was surprised at the overall sound improvements.

patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 3:32pm
I can't speak to the differences between an AM arm and a Rega arm, but if upgrading the arm and/or getting the existing arm rewired, I would try to make sure the shielding on the arm cable is as good as possible.

I know that sometimes Rega arms have less than ideal shielding on the stock cabling. If you check some old threads here you may find some topics on cable shielding.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic