FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

HD540 Replacement Cables

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD540 Replacement Cables
    Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 1:06pm
Hi everyone,

It has probably been a few years since my last visit so I hope everyone has been keeping well after the last few years...

Quite a few changes in life has forced me back into headphone audio so I have been blowing the cobwebs off of my aging collection, along with enjoying some new additions. I now have a suspected cable issue on my HD540s at the ends where it terminates an plugs into the headphones.

Does anyone have any recommendations for replacement cables?

As a side question, do they also fit the HD250 Linear ii? I managed to buy 'the last brand new set on the planet' a few years ago so I may buy spares for both as they are with me for the long haul.

Thanks,

Tim
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 1:20pm
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 3:18pm
HD250/HD540/HD560 models all use the same cable plug. A spare cable for one should be a spare cable for all. I would stick with oxygen-free copper conductor like the stock cable. Seek an official spare part if you can so that the impedance is as originally intended. Not sure what stock is left with suppliers.

Ebay.de used to be my top choice for sourcing these headphones but that was years ago. Now with Customs+VAT charges, a weak pound and inflation, imports from Germany will be notably more expensive.

Edited by Ash - 30 Oct 2022 at 3:27pm
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2022 at 12:57am
Hi both,

Thanks for the speedy replies. I still seem to be having selective notifications so did not realise you had replied.

Thanks for the link. They are much cheaper than everywhere else I found so I will order some soon.

Thanks again,

Tim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic