FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Queen Elizabeth II has died

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 11:05am
Originally posted by CageyH CageyH wrote:

I totally understand and appreciate the reason for this thread.
I don’t fully understand the drift though.

I am not a “Royalist” but I appreciate what our Queen achieved for our country. This is why I made the comment about Charles having big boots to fill. She will be a tough act to follow.

In the past, I have very much enjoyed the fruits of your labour, and I run the European loan scheme so that others can also share that experience. It is just that my “HiFi journey” has taken me down a different path, as my power amplifier and phono stage are DIY. I just have my pre amp left to build.
DIY is not for everybody, and people still need quality products at a reasonable price.

Obviously, fighting the big boys in the industry is not an easy task for a small manufacturer, but your products speak for themselves. I still use your phono stages from time to time, when they are not out on loan, so I can remind myself of how they perform as I am often asked which I would recommend.

Thank you.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 11:22am
Now, as regards the racism, that was a response by me at the disgraceful attacks by certain types in the MSM on Elizabeth II, which Sylvain (of similar age to me) was quick to renounce (thank you Sylvain).

So, all that is left for me to do now, is to play out like I used to do at the end of a busy night's playing of records publicly...

The ink is black, the page is white
Together we learn to read and write
To read and write
A child is black, a child is white
The whole world looks upon the sight
A beautiful sight
And now a child can understand
This is the law of all the land
All the land
The world is black, the world is white
It turns by day and then by night
It turns by night
And now at last we plainly see
The alphabet of liberty
Liberty
The world is black, the world is white
It turns by day and then by night
A child is black, a child is white
Together they grow to see the light
To see the light
Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Everybody! (See the light)
This is the message to all you people!
Listen now!
I'm shoutin' out! (See the light)
Peace and love!
Heyey, yeah!
All in the wide world!
Live in peace!
Let's live in peace!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic