FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Relaxonair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relaxonair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 6:02pm
Hey everyone! 

I’m in the process of building my first turntable setup. Just received a Technics 1210gr which I’ll pair with the EDIFIER Airpulse A300 active bookshelves. I’m currently looking for a phono pre-amp and research led me to GS. I’m leaning towards the Accession MM as I’m planning to use it with a Nagaoka MP200. Has anyone got any experience with a similar setup and which power supply would you suggest the PSU1 or the Enigma? Thanks in advance!

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 7:21pm
Welcome to the forum Serafeim. I think you would get the best sound from an Acc MM running from an Enigma but it will still be very good with the standard PSU1 because I have that.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2022 at 7:58pm
Hi  Serafeim, welcome to the forum. My system includes a Technics 1210GR with Accession MM and I use an MP200 or other MM cartridge. I started.with a PSU1 and changed to an Enigma. There was a noticeable difference, not massive but to my ears a definite improvement. I'd suggest it's always worth using the trial scheme to verify it's  right for you.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 7:41am
If comparing a PSU1 with an Enigma, be aware that many of us have noticed that flipping the figure of eight power lead can change the sound. When doing a comparison be sure to do it with both power supplies.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Relaxonair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Relaxonair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 2:03pm
Thanks a lot for the advice guys! I'm in contact with John to arrange a trial of the Accession MM and Reflex M with both power supplies as well as some CuSat50 and Lautus cables ;)
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2022 at 2:50pm
Welcome Serafeim.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2022 at 8:35pm
Welcome!
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic