FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Power supply for Accession MM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PhilH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power supply for Accession MM?
    Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 1:49pm
Hello,

I’m a new member from Melbourne Australia.

I am considering buying an Accession MM stage to work my AT 760 SLC cartridge.

How much advantage would I derive from the Enigma PSU1 over and above the PSU1?

Is the Enigma PSU more necessary for the MC stages, due to the smaller output from low output MC cartridge, but less of an advantage with the MM stages?

Has anyone had experience with this
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 2:08pm
Hi & welcome Phillip.
Can't really answer question but I think the Enigma was designed with MM & MC in mind and I also think Graham designed it for use with the Accession mainly, but some are using it with their headphone amps too.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 2:34pm
Welcome Philip,
I don't own one yet, but you will get an insight into the Enigma and some answers in this thread:- https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/psu1-enigma-microsignal-power-supply_topic4532.html?KW=enigma+psu
There are some owners comments in the Accession threads as well.

Happy reading
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 5:44pm
Thanks for joining us Philip. Just to add to what Ian (Back in Black) wrote I have used the Enigma with my Elevator EXP in a trial period and then as the supply to my Accession MC ('AccMC'). In both cases it was a step up from the already good PSU1 and I would recommend it. I have not tried the Enigma with my Accession MM but it does improve the Majestic DAC sound.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
PhilH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 10:03pm
Thanks for the replies and the warm welcome!
From what has been said, it seems to to me that the Enigma is made for the Accession, either MM or MC, so it would be ‘false economy’ to power one with anything else. When I get one up and running I’ll let you know!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic