FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

DIY Novo problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Kevb Kevb wrote:

Thanks for the responses Gents. By re-soldering the junction John- do you mean have a go at all the components joints?
Thanks once again

Yes.

Based on Graham's expert advice I would start with the capacitors.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 7:56pm
A dry joint is held in place by flux rather than solder. A well-soldered joint uses the minimum solder to achieve a firm connection that usually has a shallow cone shape and cannot be wiggled.
Kevb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 8:49pm
Thanks one and all for your support on this,much appreciated. Quick update I got the soldering iron out and ran over all the joints, but to no avail.
I have for a long time wanted to try the communicator pre-amp and thanks to John C i have got hold of a loan unit (fantastic scheme BTW).
Low and behold all buzzing disappeared!! . Guess it was some kind of cable cross talk or the like. So on to the Genera I think !!!!

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 10:29am
Glad to hear you got it all sorted enjoy.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic