FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Experience with Rega carts & GS phono stages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Neptune38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neptune38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experience with Rega carts & GS phono stages
    Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 4:21pm
So I have a Rega RP6 with the Exact 2 cart and am contemplating upgrading my setup with a Graham Slee Reflex M.  I’m currently using the integrated phono stage on my Yamaha Aventage RX-A3010 receiver and it sounds good.  I’m hoping the addition of an external phono pre will improve the sound quality even more.

Does anyone have any experience using a Rega MM cart with a GS phono stage?  This has probably been asked before, and if so I apologize for the duplicate question.  I’m looking to get the most out of my system for a reasonable cost.  Trying to keep it under $1k.  I’ve got my eye on the Reflex M with PSU1.

Anyone using a Rega cart with their GS pre?  Specifically using the Exact with the Reflex M or Gold Era V?  Seems like the Reflex M would be a great match with the Exact’s ~7mV output.  Any thoughts?
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 7:37pm
I have not used a Reflex M with a Rega cartridge, but I have used a Reflex M with many others, mainly Audio Technica, Technics, Nagaoka and Shure.

It has always sounded good, so I have no doubt it will work well with an Exact.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 9:17pm
Repeating my answer the Exact worked well with the Reflex M (Rev. M). I hope that helps.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Neptune38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neptune38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2022 at 10:03pm
Thanks guys!  That does help.  Looking forward to hearing it!
Neptune38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Neptune38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2022 at 2:17pm
Ended up buying the Reflex M with a UPS1.  I can now tell you from personal experience that the Reflex works wonderfully with the Rega Exact cartridge.  Sounds incredible.  I’m very happy with the upgrade from my amp’s integrated phono pre, which was good, but not as good as this Reflex M.  Thanks for the help guys, I’m proud to now be an official Graham Slee owner.  Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic