FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Greetings from new member

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 9:04pm
I think my OL Zephyr is about 10 years old and probably is mark 3 not the current mark 4 that I see on the OL website. The Onyx is well reviewed, I'm curious what is the Plus version?

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
65mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 10:01pm
Hi all.
Jon i am looking at the above mentioned tone arm and looking into a Ortofon quintet MC probably red,
What would be a good phono box for these items.
Alas my estimated budget has now been slashed as have been told no way are you paying £2000 for that so would be half or lower.
65mike.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 10:12pm
I've read nice things about the Quintet Red but must say my preference is the Hana SL.

Is that 1k per item or per year, Mike? Per ear would get you back to two k, so not that clearly.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
65mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 5:20pm
Hi all.
Alas jon that is every thing the hole lot cartridge tonearm phono box.
I have just looked at the phono box i have now bearing in mind i know nothing about these things and it says it is a Project phono box2 it has MM and MC compatibility as it was original brought for the Project turntable.
Is this any good as i think it cost round about £60-£80 11 years ago.
Regards.
65mike
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 8:03pm
It has the advantage you already own it. May. I suggest trying a loan unit from HFC, the Fanfare is an MC phono stage that sounds very good and is inside your price range.

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic