FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Appreciation For The Novo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Appreciation For The Novo
    Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 7:30pm
The Novo is a lovely bit of kit. I have tried many other headphone amps, and none of them sound as good. (To my ears)

I'm going to buy another Novo in a couple of weeks time. Had to sell my other Novo to fund for a new shower tray. (Just moved house)

I have tried ULDE, but that is in a different league though.

Just out of curiosity. What headphones you guys using on your Novo?

S.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 8:09pm
Hi Shane, I used my DAK Novo with a pair of entry level Grados, Sennheiser HD-280's, and briefly with LCD-2's. I must admit the Grados were the most exciting and the combination got me into headphone listening. I got a Solo UL and used it a lot with the LCD-2's and HD250/II's until I got better speakers and amps.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 8:52pm
I use Beyer Amiron, 250ohm. I'd say they are very smooth and comfortable. With my set up (Novo + PSU1 fed by Cusat50 from Majestic) they not the brightest or deepest sounding headphones  I've experienced but easy listening for long periods.  Worth reading some reviews and trying them.
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Jamesrfisher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesrfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 8:36am
Hi

Probably a very silly question but...

Getting a new main amp that has no headphone socket so looking at getting the Novo (have an Era V Gold phono stage and very impressed).

My question revolves around connecting the Novo, the new amp has a line out but no tape loop. Would it be ok to connect the line out on the amp to the 'in' on the Novo but have nothing coming from the 'out on the Novo?

Thanks
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 6:45pm
Yes but you may find the amp level has to be turned up a bit to get a signal from the amp's line out into the Novo. In other words the speakers and headphones will both be putting out sound. I would try this out and it may be fine.

Alternatively if you mainly use one source the Novo allows you to feed through it to the amplifier. Connect the Era V Gold output to the Novo input and from the Novo to the amp's input. Then turn down the volume on the amp and and turn up the Novo for hadphones only, or vive-versa for speakers only. Apologies if I have stated the obvious to you!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic