FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Interconnects: Lautus or Cusat 50?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
paulsmith048j View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulsmith048j Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interconnects: Lautus or Cusat 50?
    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 7:39pm
I`m considering upgrading the RCA interconnect cables linking my GS Reflex M phono stage and a line input of my Naim Nait XS3 integrated amplifier.

I have heard (and read!!) great things about both these GS cables, but is there any obvious audio benefit in buying the Lautus over Cusat 50? Does the ferrite filter bring much to the party soundwise? 

Having only a 0.6m cable length (Cusat 50) would not be a problem given the way my system components are positioned, and this, I assume, would reduce the capacitance contributed by the cable compared to the minimum 1.5m cable length of the Lautus.

My MM cart is the Audio Technica AT760SLC which ideally requires a recommended load capacitance of 100 to 200pF.

Grateful for any advice/opinions!
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 7:57pm
A lot of people will say "the shorter the better" with regards to cable length from a phono stage.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:41pm
The capacitance of the interconnecting cable is of little consequence, as it's going to be between phono preamp and main amplifier.
You're passing line level signal between the two.

Where the capacitance can be of major significance is when it's between TT and phono preamp - too much capacitance can negatively affect MM carts, effectively EQing the cartridge output, and not necessarily for the better.

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 9:27pm
Ask John C to borrow both and let your ears decide. Best time to call him is on Friday this week - 01909 568739
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic