FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Reverse polarity Enigma P Supply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Teesside Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesside Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse polarity Enigma P Supply
    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 2:23pm
Hi, I have had an Accession MM phono stage with the Enigma power supply on home loan for a few days now. The A4 paper that comes with the power supply states that if the figure of eight connector is inverted it changes the polarity and "may make an audible difference". 

Can any owners of this unit who have tried this describe what difference they have noticed, thank you.
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 3:49pm
I tried this but for my set up/ ears, I couldn't tell any difference 
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 4:21pm
Either I'm perceptive or delusional but I compare both figure of 8 orientations when I connect up the PSU1 of my Majestic DAC. I have found one way seems to sound more focussed with better defined bass and better rhythm than the other way. Not really sure whether it's just me but I do it anyway because I want the sound to be as engaging as possible.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 10:05pm
Hi Tom,
   I tried both ways, a week each, and found that one was preferable to the other. Differences ,ugh like Ash’s. mostly in the bass, but also some clearer imaging. It was a small difference, but once heard, etc…
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic