FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

graham accession mm vs eat glo petit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mrrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: graham accession mm vs eat glo petit
    Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 10:28am
hi all

i'm currently pondering on upgrading my phono stage, and looking for some comment on:

graham accession
eat petit glo

and i wonder if there are loan program in asia region?

regards
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2021 at 7:35pm
I have had an Accession MM for several years and think it is the best MM stage I have heard. Definitely recommended.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
mrrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2021 at 8:44am
Thanks for the reply. 
eat prelude with Ortofon 2M Black -> accession mm -> KEF R11
Romany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Romany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 9:55pm
I think it depends on what you're looking for. In terms of resolution and depth, most likely Accession will be noticably superior as long as you're willing to stick with the MM carts. I am not familiar with Eat phono preamp but in principle, it should be no different since it is both MM and MC design and there are inheritent compromises involved. Eat does claim their design to be descreet but hard to say what that means. Same with the power supply - is it on the same level with PSU1? Finally, Eat is using valves/tubes so the sound characteristics could be different from Slee - warmer, softer which is what many people look for in vinyl. 

I treat vinyl as a reference format (I don't own a DSD/SACD front end and streaming is not quite on the same level). For me, resolution is critical and in this regard there are no peers to Accession as far as I know. I'm currently using mine as a loaner but the difference with my old phonostage, MoFi Ultraphono, is so vast that I'll be ordering my own Accession very soon.
Desktop setup: Dali Oberons, low-end Naim pre/power amps, MoFi Ultraphono, MoFi Ultradeck, iFi Signature DAC/Head amps
Romany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Romany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 10:21pm
Correction: looks like E-Glo Petit is using a wallwart, not LPS power supply. 
Desktop setup: Dali Oberons, low-end Naim pre/power amps, MoFi Ultraphono, MoFi Ultradeck, iFi Signature DAC/Head amps
mrrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 7:46am
Thanks for the comment; I've taking the plunged to get accession, taking the advantage of return option, if i don't like it, as there is no trial/loan option here in East Asia - would love if we can get a trend for this here. 

eat does come with its benefit of supporting both mm/mc at same time.

eat prelude with Ortofon 2M Black -> accession mm -> KEF R11
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic