FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

record shops opening up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:39pm
This weekend I'll be walking up river to Sound It Out record shop in Stockton-on-Tees. You've seen the film now buy the vinyl.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 7:43pm
Frank
Good for the shop BUT not my bank account, Like I said on my last post this shop seems to stock what I like and they seem to be playing something in store that I like on most times I go there also. It really is the only record shop I use to buy new vinyl. I don't mind going to the likes of H-V for big artists new albums but I do like to support the small independent record shops when I can, this is not always possible as on one time I went there for a click and collect (because of the lockdown) they told me that one of the records I had ordered they were having problems getting hold of it because the likes of Ama--- and H_V had bought up all what the pressing plants could supply and they didn't know when they would have it in, So I ended up ordering it online from one of the said shops but as I ordered it and payed for it they did reimburse me my money, but I would have liked to have got it from them.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:03pm
I should have said the this album WAS cheaper from these big shops but this is one thing I don't mind paying that bit extra for to support the small man (woman) in the street.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2021 at 8:19pm
That's heart warming!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2021 at 7:07pm
Great to back in the record boxes but masked so sights and sounds without smells. Picked up some interesting second hand LP's and chatted with Tom. I also visited some other fine shops like Hifi Sound.

Jon

pompeyexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pompeyexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2023 at 4:01pm
For anyone living in the York area a branch of Revolution Records has opened up in Selby (Finkle Street). Just had our lounge completely re-vamped and so got my L*nn out of its box and serviced (Wilkinson's Hi-Fi of Nelson Lancashire) and is now up and running for the first time in about 10 years, so I will definitely be making a visit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic