FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

14 yr old 2007 Gram Amp 2 SE (Pre-Owned) Specs.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John1479 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote John1479 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14 yr old 2007 Gram Amp 2 SE (Pre-Owned) Specs.
    Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm
I purchased this 2007 Gram Amp2 SE phono amp recently from Sebastapol, Paul.

https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/forum/sold-gram-amp-2-se-original-model_topic5240.html

I want to thank Paul for this, truly outstanding condition and at an excellent price. Thank you. Thumbs Up

Immediately upon confirming the sale, I spoke with John C about obtaining a PSU1 and whether there were any upgrade possibilities for this unit. John explained that it would be best to enjoy it as is, that the PSU1 would be the best way to upgrade, but that he would happily run it through the sophisticated Slee measurement/analysis tools to check that it was still in spec. I mentioned this to Paul, who said that although the unit had spent some time in storage, he would also be interested in seeing the results.

I made a journey to visit John today, and spent a thoroughly enjoyable couple of hours in his knowledgeable, engaging and hospitable company. Thank you John. Thumbs Up

John plugged the 14 year old GA2SE in to the Audio Precision Analyser and ran a few frequency checks. I think it's worth sharing these results.

Channel Match @     1KHZ - 0.02 dBu
                               10KHZ - 0.06 dBu
                             100KHZ - 0.05 dBu

RIAA        +/-           0.2  dBu

Noise  Un-WTD                      -85  dBu

THD + N               @ 6.2mV    0.008 %
                             @ 1.9mV    0.02 %

Edited by John1479 - 29 Jul 2021 at 8:00pm
John
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 10:03pm
John

Just shows that Graham Slee stuff is built to last.
I remember 2 CD players one of which was only 3 years old when it gave up, the other one was not much older both good brands at the time and one which still makes CD players today. I do know they have moving parts but still.
Hope you have many more years of enjoyment out of it that's if you don't get the up grade bug.
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 2:34pm
Very impressive. Enjoy your "new" G.S. preamp.
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
John1479 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John1479 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by lfc jon lfc jon wrote:

John

Just shows that Graham Slee stuff is built to last.

Originally posted by patientot patientot wrote:

Very impressive. Enjoy your "new" G.S. preamp.

I couldn't agree more. I think it's fair to say that John C was a little surprised, in fact he measured it twice to double check the readings.

I think that this random test can only help to confirm the values of reliability and integrity of the work that goes into all Graham Slee products.
John
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic