FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Interconnect cable question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Barriebill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barriebill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interconnect cable question
    Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 2:02am
Hello Everyone
I always had an appreciation for great hifi sound , and upgraded my audio components thru the years , but never gathered knowledge about audio cables to help make improvements. Is there a difference in the cable from the phono preamp to the active integrated preamplifier vs. the cable from the preamplifier to the power amplifier. I am now in search of improvement in this area and would appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance for your replies.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 8:12pm
It would depend on the equipment which might have balanced (XLR) connections but I use Cusat50's either way and get really good results, that is to say unaltered music.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 8:55pm
High purity copper cable with good EM shielding, low capacitance and impedance suitable for the type of equipment being joined together. Generally best to keep interconnects as short as possible, especially those that carry lower level signals, as these are most susceptible to EM interference. Balanced cables are helpful where very long interconnect lengths are needed. Alternatively unbalanced cables at least 1.5m in length benefit from sheath ferrites positioned corresponding to the quarter-wavelength of the "busy" FM band, either side of 100MHz, to help reduce EMI from radio transmissions in this region.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic