FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

All Graham Slee, what should I expect?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pike on the fly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pike on the fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Graham Slee, what should I expect?
    Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 8:23pm
Hi all, hope everyone’s well.
I’d be interested to hear some views of what to expect with the arrival of a Majestic & a pair of Proprius on loan, to replace my Arcam A39.
Since the arrival of the Ascession last year I’m still amazed at what my system delivers & wonder if it can get much better.
And although my main listening format is vinyl, the Majestic should have the ability to improve CD listening & I also have all digital music backed up on a NAS, so will be interesting to fire that at the DAC & see what ‘quality’ comes out, digital is currently car only.

Full system is below.

(Edit)
1st thought on turning it all on... where has my hiss gone Smile

Edited by Pike on the fly - 06 Jun 2021 at 8:38pm
Matthew

Origin Live Resolution TT &
Encounter Tonearm, Hana ML cartridge.
Accession MC, Enigma PSU.
Cyrus 8SE2 PXR
Arcam A39. Spendor A6R
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:40pm
What to expect? Uhh, forgive the crudeness but...

We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:47pm
I hope Matthew, that you have now enjoyed many days of musical pleasure.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Pike on the fly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pike on the fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:37pm
Hi Jon
The next comment probably won’t surprise you.... I’m a bit blown away, but not necessarily the way I thought I might be. Ash’s clip nailed it 😂
I listen to more vinyl than anything by quite a long way, & as hinted above, the inherent hum in analogue has just dropped away to almost nothing, & it’s a lower tone so for all purposes inaudible & by god hasn’t  that improved my treble.
The little boxes added, have just had the effect of making my whole system vanish, it’s like I’m either sitting in the sound studio watching, or at the live performance in such an immersive way it’s incredible. All parts of the music are their individually or as a whole, wherever your ears take you.
It is however with all that I’ve read & heard, probably what I was expecting/hoping for. 😁 not disappointed.
Now the OMG bit, my CD player performance has gone through the roof at times I forget it’s a CD, gobsmacked ain’t the half of it..
So that got me out of ‘vinyl mode’ for a bit & I got to connecting, the TV with optical connection. I now have better film audio through two speakers than I do from my surround sound amp.!
NAS next, raw into the usb connection to utilise the dac & oh Lordy I have very listenable compressed music.
So yes lovin my music at the moment.
Matthew

Origin Live Resolution TT &
Encounter Tonearm, Hana ML cartridge.
Accession MC, Enigma PSU.
Cyrus 8SE2 PXR
Arcam A39. Spendor A6R
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:52pm
There are still plenty of good things to come. I trust my Majestic-Proprius to compete with anything.
We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic