FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Spatia "marking"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
frimmers3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frimmers3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 8:52pm
Thanks...I use the Lautus twixt Accession and amp...what end should go where? Sorry to be such an utter numpty:)
Rega P8, Exact m.m, Accession m. phono stage, Graham Slee /Chord interconnects, Dali Oberon floor standers.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:30pm
It's a fair question Steve. The arrow end of the cables should be plugged into the Accession's output sockets and the arrows point towards your amplifier's input sockets at the other end of the Lautus cables.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 10:32pm
There's a bit about cables here

If the link doesn't take you to the beginning of the text click the link where it says 

You can hear the difference. read more...

Edited by Graham Slee - 30 May 2021 at 10:34pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 11:10pm
If capacitor dielectric (insulation between plates) didn't matter, then any capacitor would result in the same sound, but it is accepted that polypropylene sounds better than polyester in EQ filters.

An interconnect has dielectric too - because the wires are insulated!

Sixteen years ago, I quickly made up an interconnect to use between the Reflex prototype. I took a length of coax, folded it in half to cut it, so both cables were equal length, and sleeved it. I then soldered the phono plugs on.

At the time, Elna RODs were being banned by RoHS, and I was frantically trying all kinds of replacements and redesigning circuit values to try and obtain a good sound stage. No matter what I tried, nothing sounded right to my ears. This went on for months. I was worried that it was game-over - I could not release a product that sounded wrong.

Eventually, John asked me about the interconnect I was using between prototype and amp. I told him how I'd made it, and he suggested I use one he'd made. The prototype sounded utterly different!

He then took my cable apart, and we realised one channel had the print going opposite to the other. He had both channels with the print going in the same direction.

I eventually got the sound staging to my liking. During listening tests, we tried connecting them about-face and could hear a difference. I preferred a particular direction which just happened to be the direction the cable came off the drum.

Two tracks stood out as great test tracks: Tusk - Fleetwood Mac and Los Endos - Genesis. I noted that it sounded like a speaker phasing problem one way, but the other way was spot on. Every time John started a new reel, he secretly marked up a set of unfinished interconnects for me to try. I would then send them back to him with what I thought was the correct direction marked on masking tape stuck to each cable channel. Every single time the direction was 'run of the mill'.

It wasn't just double-blind - it was time after time after time.

Make of that what you will.

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic