FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Rega tonearm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 6:40pm
This may help. Take a small box with a bar code on it, here the underside of some sugar free boiled sweets... this is your horizontal line.

My tone arm is already level, well enough for me!
Side shot of headshell with bar code as horizon

Try 8mm of Rega spacers and see how far off level the headshell is. It may be close enough first time and I'd judge by playing a record! If the pivot is still too low (front of heashell higher than rear) you may have thin things like plastic card or cardboard to temporarily insert above the spacer as you fine tune the setup. Then fit a proper Rega spacer.

Please be careful with the stylus, lift the arm and fit the stylus guard first.

Edited by Fatmangolf - 12 May 2021 at 6:56pm
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:12pm
Very helpful. Thanks Jon.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
ServerBaboon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ServerBaboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

This may help. Take a small box with a bar code on it, here the underside of some sugar free boiled sweets... this is your horizontal line.

Nice tip
Steve

-------------

Various bits of GSP Kit ..well two so far, unless you count the cables that is.
fluddite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by ICL1P ICL1P wrote:

Does anyone here have a Rega turntable with a Rega tonearm and a tape measure?

I’ve just had my RB1000 rewired and now need to refit it to my Manticore Mantra turntable. I’ve previously used this combination with the arm lifted 8mm by a Rega VTA Arm Height Adjuster. Putting it all back together the arm looks a bit low, but I could wrong. I’ve searched the interweb for guidance, but am struggling to find anything to tell me how high the arm should be.

It occurred to me that if someone here has a Rega TT with a Rega arm they might be willing to measure and let me know how high the top of the platter is above the plinth. With this information I should be able to work out the total height of shims I need.

On my RP6, the distance from plinth to top of platter (with felt mat off) is 32mm. Thumbs Up
ICL1P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICL1P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:55am
thank you.
Ifor
=====
Reflex M & ACCESSION M, CuSat50, Majestic DAC, a Proprius pair.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:35pm
Frank's post reminded me that I hadn't done the measurement yet on my P3-24. It is 28mm on my deck but that is with an aftermarket sub-platter and platter. Sorry Ifor for keeping you waiting for this!

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic