FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Streamer experiences, please?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Mikeh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2021 at 6:18pm
Going back to the Limetree Bridge, there seems to be one small flaw in compatibility with the Majestic.  The Bridge has two output modes which can be manually selected, as a max of either 96 or 192kHz resolution. So no apparent problem for coax input to the Majestic. Any source file is automatically 'up-sampled' to the selected output mode. I've found this is fine with 2x up-sampling but 4x in 192.mode (i.e.  a 44.1 cd rip to 176.4) results in unusable output from the Majestic, just jittery rubbish. Switch back to 96kHz mode and all is fine.
In all honesty it is not a problem as a) feeding the 96kHz into the Majestic produces a fabulous sound b) I don't have hearing selective enough to notice any improvement from 96 to 192 kHz resolution. However, for my  better understanding can anyone explain why there might be incompatibility?
Mike

Technics sl1210g with Victor U-2
Accession MM, Majestic + Proprius, Solo ULDE
Cambridge Audio CXC CD player
Lindemann Limetree Bridge streamer
Harbeth P3ESR XD paired with 2x REL t5x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic