FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cable from amp to Solo for more bass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cable from amp to Solo for more bass
    Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:30pm
Over all I am happy with the HD600 headphones but could do with a bit more bass (not much more) Now Graham as said that a up grade to Solo Ultra-Linear would give me that bass I want (I agree with him) but at the moment I don't have the funds and the DIY up grade is well out of my comfort zone. He also suggested the Lautus cables, I would like to go all GS cables but as I said funds. Now as a stop gap I am thinking of replacing my cables with the Lautus cables from my Amp to the Solo headphone amp, Do any of you think this would give me a touch more bass I am after or would I be better off waiting till I can afford to up grade the headphone amp bearing in mind that I do want to go all GS on the cables 
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:19pm
Jonathan, the number is 01909 568739. Speak to John C and he'll send you a Lautus to suit your requirements. He won't bite and he's stacks nicer than me Wink

It either helps or it doesn't work for you, but isn't it better to know than risk it?

(I forgot to mention, there is a charge - for postage!)

Edited by Graham Slee - 02 Feb 2021 at 3:10pm
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 2:41pm
HI
Have phoned up John C he has to make  Lautus cables up for me over weekend  that's good because if I like them I can just pay up and then I can keep. In the mean time I have tried some old cables off a mate of mine OED cables to see if I am going hear any difference, I did but not for the better so I have high hopes for the Lautus cables. When I spoke to my mate about the lack of bass I was getting compared to my cables he said I'm not surprised that was the reason I replaced them and let you try them to see the out come cable can make.
I now can't wait to get the Lautus cables.

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 4:15pm
Have got the Lautus cables this week but I also had a accident and have been in a lot of pain to my lower rib cage so I could not connect the new cables up, so today I had my mate round to help with connecting up the old and new cables to do a comparison (yes we both had face masks on and keeping 2m apart) Now the Lautus cables are brand new so no burn in time done, so taking that into account this is my 1st thoughts. 1st of all the Lautus cables have put a smile on my face, The bass has improved a little bit but what has surprised me is in the treble that is a lot less harsh, Now going back to the Bass I was not expecting the cables to make a lot of difference as they are only being used from the amp to the Solo but an improvement is an improvement and I'm happy with the difference the cables have made. My mate came to the same conclusion as me but was more impressed with the bass he got from his headphones (HD650s) and has asked me if can he borrow the Lautus cables at some point in the future. But I still think a up grade to the headphone amp or headphones would make more of a difference, But as I said I'm happy with the improvement and it looks like a phone call to John C to ask to keep the cables is on the cards. One more thing how long of a burn in time do these cables need before I get the best out of them?

Happy Listening to You all

Jonathan
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 11:06pm
Jonathon, sorry to hear you were injured, hope you are now on the mend. I know how painful that can be, fell off my bike and took six weeks for my ribs to stop hurting!

Les

I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 1:25am
Hi Les 
Ya getting there, On my 3rd week still hurting but a lot better than it was, had a week off work NOT GOOD sick pay and all that. still I had my music to take my mind off things saying that not a lot of headphone listening as I mainly do that night time but the listening I did do with headphones was a lot more enjoyable with the Lautus cables and yes I did keep them phoned John C up and made payment happy days.

Thank You 
Jonathan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic