FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Sennheiser HD250 linear II - Replacement Pads

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 8:02pm
I also have a pair of 250 Linear II purchased from Ash a very long time ago. My problem is the cable has developed a fault, and I cannot find a replacement.

If I cannot replace the cable the ‘phones are of no use to me.  The pads are in good condition Wink

Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 7:59am
Must be about 7-8 years ago now. Shocked Time flies.

HD250, HD540 and HD560 models all use the same plug type. Source a model with the same OFC cable if you can. More flexible and physically less microphonic than the earlier steel-litz type. One reason I stopped restoring them was because parts became so difficult to source. Even less incentive to buy vintage Senns from Europe now due to Customs and VAT charges.

We do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:27pm
Hi Ash, yes, it was a long time ago. Thankyou for the info. I have been able to source the cables for my HD250 and HD580s as well as replacement pads for the 580s!

Really thought I might have to bin both pairs, which have been quite adequate for my use to date. I made the mistake of letting my grandsons use the ‘phones and they did not take the care in use that they should have, hence the damaged cables. Still, if I can wrest more use from them now that’s a good thing and saves the cost of sourcing new phones.

Best Regards

Les

I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Delfalex View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delfalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:47pm
Hi Les,

If you are or you know someone who's a dab hand a soldering then the Mogami 2893 copper cable has been cited by many as an alternative if you have no luck.

Alex

Edited by Delfalex - 02 Mar 2021 at 2:48pm
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:50pm
Hi Alex, thankyou but I have managed to find cables for both headphones and new pads for my HD580s.

Both sets are now back up and running and will hopefully last a few more years!

Les
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
Delfalex View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delfalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by less less wrote:

..will hopefully last a few more years!

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic