FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

A move to the dark side

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 8:33am
A really great cartridge for the Accession MC I would like to recomend ist the Goldring Ethos. It sounds very natural, not beeing to bright. The build quality is really great in my opinion. Listening to live records like recordings in small jazz clubs is a real pleasure. I enjoy the combination Accession MC and Goldring Ethos very much. 

This combination brings light into the darkness!

Stephan

Edited by nemu - 14 Dec 2020 at 8:37am
Accession MM (PSU1), Accession MC (Enigma PSU1)
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 8:27am
Something of a 'dark horse' is the Goldring Ethos Smile, good things are said about it.

Ironic to call MCs the dark side when they have a reputation of a rising treble..

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Comparing the Goldring Ethos to other great MC cartridges like VdH Colibri, Kiseki Purple Heart or Ortofon Cadenza Black, the treble is much more softer. Therefore my suggestion if you want to move to the dark side.  

The Goldring Ethos is a really great cartridge and a bargain compared to the cartridges I mentioned above.

Stephan

Edited by nemu - 17 Dec 2020 at 12:54pm
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 3:29pm
Great recommendation Stephan.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 3:50pm
I am just listening to „Ben Webster Meets Gerry Muligan“. What a great pleasure, listening with the Goldring Ethos.
I wish you all a happy Christmas.
Stephan

Edited by nemu - 24 Dec 2020 at 3:59pm
less View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote less Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by morris_minor morris_minor wrote:

Originally posted by RichW RichW wrote:

My IQ3 has just died so thanks for the Hana & Soundsmith recs.

If anyone has compared the Hana EL/H & SL/H your thoughts are welcome.
FWIW I've done 18 videos with a Hana EL which you can find here.

I'd also give a thumbs up for Soundsmith. I have a low output Zephyr but their high output models are great too.

Yes Bob, I’ve just discovered a couple of your vids with the Zephyr! Got me drooling you have, bad man LOL
I don't do mediocrity!

Les Sutherland
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 5:30pm
Has anybody managed to compare any of the following?

Hana ML
Goldring Ethos
Audio Technical Art-9
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic