FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Bye Len

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bye Len
    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 1:17pm
It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the passing of Leonard Gregory - The Cartridge Man - who died suddenly last night.

Len was a great friend, whose influence, after he had read Geoff Husband's 2001 Gram Amp review, set us firmly on the road as a respectable manufacturer. I recall receiving his letter that spring. He praised the Gram Amp 2 as "incredible," which for a solid-state product, was saying something, considering his preference for all things tubed.

Over many years, Len helped us by highly recommending our products to his customers, especially to compliment his beautifully sounding cartridges, which he hand made.

Rest in peace, "my sweet."
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 1:43pm
Truly, a sad loss.
His cartridges have long been something to aspire to, quite an achievement for one man.
Unfortunately, I've never owned one of his creations, but have had the pleasure of hearing those owned by others.

RIP Len.
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 1:50pm
Sad news indeed.
I was only recently chatting to him via e-mail about upgrading my Music Maker Classic to Master level.

Another highly skilled individual gone.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 3:39pm
This is very sad news.
I spoke to Len once or twice on the phone over the years & he was always charming, honest
and down to earth, with a rare expertise.
He had a high regard for GSP phono stages and some very interesting opinions on other equipment.
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:23pm
Sad news indeed.
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 5:45pm
It is sad news. He was really nice to me and I am sorry you have lost a good friend Graham. May he rest in peace.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2020 at 6:01am
It was my reading of a Music Maker review that first led me to Slee phonostages. He will be missed.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic