FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

The Funk Firm Houdini

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 9:59pm
If anybody here wants to hear the Tracy Chapman, drop me a PM with your e-mail address and I will grant you access to the files on my Google drive.

I am not going to publicly share the links and grant full access, as I found out that the links were being copied across to other forums. That sort of thing gets you into trouble. 
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2020 at 8:51am
Being honest and open, I experienced a little issue with my heavy DL103. It weighs just under 25g.
I had a hard time getting it to work well with my Houdini, so I was at the point of sending it back to get it checked out.

However, I don’t like being defeated by these issues, so I redid my set-up from scratch. Normally, I set by bias/anti-skate roughly about 0.5g less than my VTF. This did not work well, so I tuned it by ear, using my headphones. When the bias started to get to the same value as the VTF, things sharpened up nicely, and Houdini was doing it’s thing. I am very happy with it now.

Yes, it is expensive, but for me it just works, and it works well. It certainly has improved my enjoyment of the music. It may not be the case for everybody, but you won’t know until you try it.

User reviews I have seen around the Internet have been mostly very positive, which has to be a good sign. The only thing that I am disappointed with is that Funk Firm claim that this almost negates the need for “expensive” arms. Well, I wish this would have been around before I bought my FX1200! I wish I still had a standard SL1200 arm to see just what it did on that.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Godra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 3:02pm
Here is an interesting read : http://https://korfaudio.com/blog75 about a ceramic spacer. I think this shed light on the possible effect of the differents devices we talked about in this thread. 
Clearaudio Performance DC with Clarify tonearm + Virtuoso V2, Tannoy Legacy Eaton, Accession MM and BAT VK300Xse
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic