FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New enigma PS Can it power 2 units?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sturgus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New enigma PS Can it power 2 units?
    Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 4:17am
Well my question is can I power my Accession and Elevator with one PSU-Enigma? Changing things around and losing valuable shelf space.
Thanks
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 6:47am
I don't think shelf space is a problem, because, like power strips, PSU1's are designed for the floor. The floor is a good place to put them as it isolates inevitable transformer vibrations from the rack. The DC lead accommodates a 4-foot span.

In the past, I have reluctantly given-in to customers wanting to save money, by getting John C to make a one wire adapter, which takes power to the second item, its ground returning via the interconnect to prevent grounding issues. This tends to work for an MM stage and headphone amplifier, but a head-amp and RIAA stage? It is a £5,800 cartridge!

PSU1-Enigma. Price: £385
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Sturgus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 12:49am
Thanks for the quick reply. I hesitate to put them on the floor since my room is in a basement, and at times in the spring we get enough rain to cause the floor to get damp. I have them now on the bottom shelf so they stay dry. I was actually wondering could 2 enigma's be built into one case? Just kind of thinking out loud.
Musical Design pre/Dac/Phono Amps Aronov
VPI HW-19 Lustre 801 /Koetsu-Rosewood /GS Elevator/Accension / LP12 Audiomods-Nagoka500 Merlin VSM speakers Dalhquist subs
Pioneer pd-75/ squeezebox
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic