FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

MM Phonostage Power supply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VinodCrispon View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinodCrispon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MM Phonostage Power supply
    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 4:06pm
Hi All,

Apologies if this topic was discussed elsewhere, I will be interested to hear your opinion on this. 

When I Try the Psu1 Enigma with my Elevator Exp connected to Accession, there is substantial improvements (Positive) versus the PSU1 power supply to the same.

However, PSU-1 Enigma for a standard MM phono stage (Era Gold V) does it provide improvements? or its a Overkill considering the PSU-1 has served so well.

Thanks in advance.

Vinod Vincent
Vinod Vincent

Elevator & Accession w PSU-1/ Majestic w Enigma/ Cusat/ Lautus
TT: Amazon 1(Candenza Bronze)
Amp: Accuphase E650
CD/Streamer: OPPO UDP205/CYRUS StreamX2
Speaker: Dynaudio Contour S3.4
rockyboris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockyboris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 5:18am
Vinod...that's a tough question, a better question is why are you using an Era Gold if you have an Accession? After many hours of listening to an Accession M and Enigma none of my other phono pre amps sound good, currently I have them packed in boxes. The Enigma is a step up from the PSU-1 but only you can determine if it improves your listening enjoyment and compliments your equipment. 

Mike
GSP Majestic Enigma PSU1
GSP Proprius
GSP Accession M Enigma PSU1
GSP interconnects
Rega Planar 6. Sumiko Blackbird cart
Klipsch Heresy Mark 4
Audio Arts cables
Rel T-7 subs
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinodCrispon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:32am
Hi Mike,
Era Gold V is currently being used by my Dad and he is in India. The Accession M I have is in Singapore. So curious to know about the PSU-1 Vs PSU-1 Enigma for a MM Phonostage. Yes the Enigma brings in good improvement for Accession, does it make substantial improvements for the Era Gold V?
Unfortunately I do not have the luxury of taking my Psu-1 Enigma back to India to try with my Dad's kit due to Covid-19 travel restrictions. 
Vinod Vincent

Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by VinodCrispon VinodCrispon wrote:

Hi All,

Apologies if this topic was discussed elsewhere, I will be interested to hear your opinion on this. 

When I Try the Psu1 Enigma with my Elevator Exp connected to Accession, there is substantial improvements (Positive) versus the PSU1 power supply to the same.

However, PSU-1 Enigma for a standard MM phono stage (Era Gold V) does it provide improvements? or its a Overkill considering the PSU-1 has served so well.

Thanks in advance.

Vinod Vincent

Vinod, I am using a PSU1 Enigma with a Revelation M, albeit with a SUT too (reviewed elsewhere on this forum), and believe that there is a noticeable improvement over what is already a very good power supply, the PSU1. Whether it is overkill is, I suggest, subjective. I think it is worthwhile.
Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinodCrispon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:24pm
Hi Peter,
Thanks for your feedback. What SUT are you using?
Vinod Vincent

Bi-wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bi-wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by VinodCrispon VinodCrispon wrote:

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your feedback. What SUT are you using?

Hello Vinod,
My SUT is a Rothwell MCL. It's providing the step-up from a very low output Dynavector MC cartridge into the Revelation M. Although this combination of components is a bit of an accident of history, I have found them to provide a very harmonious sound.

Peter

Satisfied user of: Revelation M, PSU1-Enigma, Solo SRGII and lots of CuSat50
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VinodCrispon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 7:30pm
Thanks Peter. Great that you managed to find the combination that suits your set-up, and most importantly once that part is done you decided to enjoy your music and forget the Equipment part of it. That's the goal for all Audio enthusiast. Smile
Vinod Vincent

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic