FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Colour of Vinyl. black is best

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Str8Wire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Str8Wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 8:38pm
My recent experience with colored vinyl might sway me away from buying any more. I bought the Billy Gibbons album The Big Bad Blues. It is the noisiest new album vinyl I have purchased to date. I don't own very many colored albums but I don't think I'll be playing this again it's that bad. FYI, I clean all my albums on an Okki Nokki before playing so this album had the same treatment as all my other new albums. 
Noisy because of colored vinyl or just a bad pressing? I don't have another album to compare it to so it could be either problem. 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:36pm
Hi Str8Wire
What colour was the vinyl as some on here have had problems with white as have I. But as the same as you I don't have any thing to compare it too as it only came out in that colour (I think) BY D D DUMBO.
Pictures disks have a bad press too. I have a lot of coloured vinyl and it is just white and picture disks that have giving me problems with noise
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 9:36am
I tend to steer clear of coloured vinyl. Having said that my copy of White Ladder is on white vinyl and I've experienced no problems with this one. Not convinced about migraine inducing splattered vinyl though! 

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 3:08pm
Hi all
It seems to me a lot of us on this forum have different experiences with coloured vinyl may be it is down to the pressing as Str8Wire as said. But I have read else were that picture disks are best avoided at all costs that being said I collect Blondie vinyl and the one I have makes up my collection so it's up to you if you get it or not. I do have a copy of that album on black vinyl as well and the black does sound the best ( ie no back ground noise)
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic