FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Amp comparison

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SnrDidcot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnrDidcot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amp comparison
    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 4:07pm
Last October I finally got round to upgrading my amplifier to something more in keeping with the quality of Graham's components ( I'm a Gram Amp 2 Special Edition with a PSU1 power supply). The 2SE & PSU1 combination had already provided a massive improvement over my Pro___t Phone Pre-Amp but I was now sure that it was my 30 years old Pion__r A400 which was letting the side down. As a result I bought one of the last Chinese made Cr__k Audio 50 Amplifiers and was stunned by the improvement ( even more so when I upgraded the speakers as well ). Now my question, "What quality of Amplifier should one be paring with Graham's phono pre-amps at each price point ?" 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 3:54pm
Hi Martin
You say you not long had the Creek amp are you looking to replace it or are you saying is it a good pairing for your Graham Slee phono amp?
I have a MF M2si amp with GS Reflex M, PSU1 power supply and I find it sound wise a v'good pairing indeed. the amp was under £800 I think? not much more any how.
On a tangent I was reading in a mag about the GS Solo headphone amp and they were using it with headphones that cost just under £2000 and they said it was a good pairing sound wise.
I'm using it with senn HD600s and they were under £400 and I have a PSU1 with it and I'm vary pleased with the sound quality.

Jonathan

Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
SnrDidcot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SnrDidcot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 9:24am
Hi Jonathan, I've not had the Creek Amplifier long and the combination between and my Graham Slee 2SE sounds phenomenal to me I'm really wondering if moving up the Graham Slee line would bring sonic rewards or not ? I suppose the best way is to borrow one and see ( or more preciously listen ). 
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2020 at 10:15am
Hi Martin
yes your best bet is to borrow one and hear for yourself.
I went from the 2SE to the Reflex M with PSU1 and the sonic rewards were big. But then I did not have the PSU1 with the 2SE so I can't compare the two. but there is the Era Gold V in between the two so there is going to be more of a sonic reward, if you see what I mean!

Jonathan
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic