FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New Accession MC review on Audiophilia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Accession MC review on Audiophilia
    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 6:05pm

Thank you Mr Anthony Kershaw. Shame about the snide comment by "powermatic". You always get trolled. If anybody wants to see the invoices for the case parts just let me know. Made in Britain (not China), they cost me quite a bit more than $25!
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 6:30pm
IME people often focus on the wrong things when it comes to a piece of equipment. They are more into superstitions than anything else, e.g. negative feedback is bad, op amps are bad, and so on. 

I wonder if they consider the time and effort put in to developing a piece of equipment at all. No, they don't. That is why they are conned by things like "Vintage Russian Military Grade Capacitors" and "Sterling Silver Wiring" in ad copy. 

I guess if we all thought that way (perceived parts cost = end user value) then Intel should charge only a few dollars for its Core i9 Processors my friend recently installed into a computer for a client, instead of over $500 USD each. 

Anyway, glad to see the Accession getting more exposure. I have to try one down the line. Enjoying my Reflex a lot for now. 
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 8:28am
Ill-informed sarcasm like that says much about the sad poster. Best ignored.
A sensible & informative review.

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Robnpg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robnpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 3:15pm
Nice, positive review. Seems to compare the Accession to the Rega Aria. 
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 6:42pm
Nice review - could have been more detailed with more notes on his listening experience - I like it verbose Smile

As for the comment - how about offering him the product at a special price of $8,000 - will satisfy his craving for "audiophile" products. Audiophile=Expensive!

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:10pm
Good to see a review about the sound but I like Shashirao's point. Maybe insert a slab of tungsten inside so it is reassuringly heavy for $8,000. I know HFC is honest and would never do these things.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic