FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession MC Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pike on the fly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pike on the fly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:32pm
My Accession, Enigma & Lautus arrived Today, I even fitted a new shelf especially for it 😎 
Plugged in & warming up, I’m happy...

Has Joe Jackson arrived yet Jonathan? I seem to be getting them through the post daily at the moment! & still ordering, gotta keep the independents running in these hard times.

‘The Name of this Band is Talking Heads’ has gone down rather well.

Back to films for a sec. Very different watching.
Big Easy Express is just bands on a train.
Into the Wild is an amazing & moving true story. Great sound track is a bonus.
& 1 more different one is 
‘August Rush’ Probably classed as a drama I guess, not normally my type of film. But about a young boy with great musical talent, coming to terms with his abilities, good story & music.
Best I can come up with in Science fiction is War of the worlds.

Not sure how long till I can resist putting an album on 😁
How’s where’s that Joe Bonamassa Album.....

Matthew

lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:44am
Hi Matthew

yes they arrived on Tuesday and Wednesday. Been on night shift this week so I've played them in the afternoon. one of them got a pound off the Record Shop said that the cover was not in ex condition as advertised  GOOD on them. I thought it was OK and would have paid the full price  as advertised.
Not Complaining. WILL use them again, Good customer service goes a long way in keeping your customers coming back

Jonathan 

Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Piers66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Piers66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 10:58am
I’ve just returned the Accession mc with Majestic/Proprius combo which I borrowed off John through the loaner scheme. Missing them already..

Bit of background. My current system comprises Roksan Xerxes/RB300/Hana SL, Naim CD5xs and NAD CS1 sources with Naim Nap200/Nac202/Stageline amps and Graham Audio ls6 speakers. Naim cables, Custom hifi cables mains block. 

Primary listening recently has been vinyl with streamer used as secondary source (surprisingly good for discovering new stuff through Quboz if a little “thin” compared to turntable (and the cartridge is 2x cost of streamer after all). Cd used infrequently.

So I thought my vinyl sound was being “held back” a little so decided I’d like to try a better phono amp, and stumbled across GS products and the loan scheme through a Naim forum. I wasn’t really considering trying/changing the remaining Naim pre/power as prefer to enjoy listening to music rather than upgrade-itis. But then again didn’t want to get a case of “what if” had I not tried the Majestic/Proprius (and reviews were positive).

So got in touch with John and after a reasonably short wait the kit including interconnects were dispatched after delivery paid for. The whole lot in a cardboard box I could pick up!

Set up was super simple and after a short while leaving it powered up got to do some listening.

First off I listened to the Majestic mc through the Naim kit and there was a definite improvement. Not “night and day” but everything sounded more airy/lifelike. Found myself tapping along more. Some tracks played were Robin Trower “In this place”;John Grant “Pale Green Ghosts”; Elvis Costello “Shipbuilding”;ELO “Wild West Hero”;Kate Bush”Breathing”;Bill Withers “Grandmas hands”; Suzanne Vega “Luka”. Only issue is I did get some hum, maybe earth issue?

Next up I played most of the same with the Majestic/Proprius hooked up. Again a definite step up in soundstage/realism. Felt like this is the “endgame” really in terms of vinyl side of things. So that’s really good

So then I hooked up the cd player and streamer with coax into Majestic/Proprius. Golly oh gosh that was amazing. Cd tracks played included Gomez “Tijuana Lady; Shack “Reinstated”; George Michael “Roxanne” and streamed tracks included Dominique Fils-Aime “Strange Fruit”; Madeleine Peyroux “Tango till they’re sore”; Megan Henwood “Our little secret” plus some streams of the other songs listened to on vinyl/cd.Such a big improvement with Majestic DAC. Can’t really believe how realistic/enthralling a £300 streamer can sound hooked up with this stuff, and cd sounded great too.

Lastly I’ve made some changes to room with addition of GIK acoustics panels to ceiling above speakers and wall directly behind where I sit. Got to say they are a bit aesthetically challenging (ceiling brackets quite ugly, will re-jig in time) but make a BIG difference to sound presentation. To anyone who hasn’t tried anything like this - do it. Like spending £ks in hardware.

So that’s it basically end game now reached. It’s the best I’ve heard a hifi sound ever, anywhere.

Save for a bit and put the order in.

Roksan Xerxes (original) RB300
Hana SL
Naim NAC202/NAP200
Flatcap/Stageline
Naim CD5s
NAD CS1
Graham LS6/F
Piers66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piers66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 11:03am
Just realised I’ve posted this in wrong place! Maybe a moderator could move it? 
Hana SL
Naim NAC202/NAP200
Flatcap/Stageline
Naim CD5s
NAD CS1
Graham LS6/F
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Piers66 Piers66 wrote:

Just realised I’ve posted this in wrong place! Maybe a moderator could move it? 

I have moved it into an existing topic reviewing the AccMC.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Piers66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piers66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 6:39pm
thanks Jon. Probably worst hifi review ever fwiw. Nothing about amazing cymbal sounds or similar.
Hana SL
Naim NAC202/NAP200
Flatcap/Stageline
Naim CD5s
NAD CS1
Graham LS6/F
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2024 at 7:29pm
I think you're being hard on yourself. You've described the music you listened and how it benefitted,
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic