FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Triangle Antal EX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Triangle Antal EX
    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm
I am trying to work out if my current amplification will be up to driving a pair of these speakers, as I fancy a change from my FrugalHorns.

The speaker specs state a sensitivity of 92dB, with nominal impedance of 8 ohm, and minimum impedance of 3 ohm. I cannot find a chart showing the impedance curve though.

The amplifiers are a pair of Nuerochrome Modulus 86 amps that give an output of 40W into 8 ohm, and 65W into 4 ohm. They are class AB amplifiers.

Do the speakers seem like a reasonable load for the amplifiers?
 My listening seat is about 2.5m from the speakers.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:48am
Quite reasonable.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:57am
Thanks Graham. The curfew type conditions here make it impossible to go and have a listen before I ommit. I could wait, but there is a risk that the pair I have seen in promotion will be snapped up.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic