FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Cartridge recommendation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 2:03pm
Good points Kevin.
Regarding your second point,  I recently reinstalled an IQ3 MM and had occasional, but noticeable  mistracking on one or two LPs - mainly thick 180g. 
The mistracking was cured by raising the arm at the pillar a few mm. The Series 6 micrometer
height adjustment makes this simple.
The IQ3, in conjunction with the Accession MM, is now sounding exceptional
Cheers.

Edited by RichW - 22 Dec 2021 at 2:04pm
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 7:11pm
The IQ3 was always on my list of cartridges I would like to try. Unfortunately, it will be staying on that list. The last few years have seen a fair bit of HiFi expenditure, and now it is time to sit back and enjoy the results.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 7:41pm
Kevin
I maybe looking at getting a technics turntable some time next year but this all depends on overtime but there is no guarantee on overtime so this maybe a vary long wait and I have said this before some times you need to just sit back and enjoy what you have. Just like you said, sit back and enjoy the results "of your past expenditure"
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 7:50pm
I have reduced my potential expense by being handy with a soldering iron, and building myself a power amplifier, and a valve based phono stage. I may build a pre amp soon, but I am in no rush….
Kevin
lfc jon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfc jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:14pm
I wish I was capable of doing that
Reflex M, Solo (both with PSU-1) CuSat50, Lautus, Spatia & Spatia links cables. Ortofon Bronze.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 10:16pm
It's worth trying and then practice makes better.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:02am
The guys here even sell a kit. They make great lockdown projects.
Kevin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic