FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Offer burned in products

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 9:33pm
Many electromechanical systems must be energised or operated for a certain period of time before they reach an optimum and consistent output state. It is simple physics/kinematics; I do not work in any professional field but the rational side of me accepts this as fact and I am confident that experiments could be devised to validate the existence of a "run-in" period.

From a newly powered-on electrostatic speaker panel to brand new shoes on a person's feet, it is obvious that materials undergo changes through use. Those that cannot contemplate this are like "flat-earth" believers that refuse to consider the possibility of a round Earth even when presented with plentiful evidence that supports a new principle. Cognitive dissonance and bias. You cannot reason with that kind of thinking.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 9:06am
Some of the denial is probably solely an intention to be deliberately & provocatively contrarian and 'edgy' on forums and elsewhere. 
Some also advocate the use of bent coat hangers as interconnects & lawnmower flex speaker cable.Ermm

Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:34pm
I agree. Listening is believing.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic