FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

New member & owner.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Richard75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member & owner.
    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 7:16pm
Hi to all. 

I received my Accession 2 days ago & cant wait to hear it in action. My tonearm, 3009 s2 unimproved, is being rewired & I won't get it back until next week, so it's just sitting there at the moment next to my lovely Garrard 401.  I can't believe how small it is! The Mrs bought me a 2m Black stylus for Christmas, a (hopefully) upgrade from the bronze I've got. Got some new records so I really can't wait to get stuck in. 
I did a lot of reading before buying the Accession & I honestly couldn't find a single bad thing said about it. 
I've also been reading up on the mono blocks, I'm very curious to know if they can power large speakers? I've got a pair of 4 ohm Dali Opticon 8's. 
Anyway just a quick hello from a very frustrated new owner!

morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:05am
Welcome to the forum Richard! 

Good to know you've an Accession waiting to be used Smile

I use my Accession MC with a 301/SME combo and it creates great music!

Also, my Proprius amps drive a pair of PMC Gb1i speakers with no problem. 25 Yorkshire watts make them go very loud with no distortion (Spatia cables do their bit, too Wink). Why not borrow a pair from this forum's loan scheme to see how they work with your Dali speakers?
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Richard75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 10:39am
Thanks Morris. 

It's going to be in the summer when I'm looking for a power amp. I've got a L*nn dsm integrated at the no, I was using my old phono stage as a pre & the DSM as a power amp. Was looking at a (used) akurate power amp to match but if those little mono blocks can do the trick that would be fantastic. I've never had any experience with low wattage amps so it's quite the leap faith wise! The Dali's are rated at 88dB/lW/1m(4ohm). 
The mono blocks (with cables) would be roughly the same price as a used akurate power amp. I'll do a lot more reading, & probably ask far too many silly questions, before I'm ready to buy.  
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:51am
Hi Richard,
   Make sure the Accession is powered up while it’s waiting! Graham’s phono stages get wonderful results with the 2M cartridges. For quite a while I used the 2M Black and Bronze with the Reflex M. Wonderful.

As for those Yorkshire Watts, I use the Proprius with the PMC Twenty5.22 standmounts, and in my 6m x 6m room they’re quite capable of being unbearable in loudness, while still being clean and very tidy. My listening room opens onto the back yard, and for parties that system can comfortably reach PA levels without strain. 

I don’t think your Dali speakers will be problematic. And there are a few people on the forum using them with hungry floorstanders. Hunt around the threads and I’m sure you’ll find something. 

Best of luck!
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic