FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Do the GS phono ores ever go on sale?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dclark2171 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclark2171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do the GS phono ores ever go on sale?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:02am
I’m trying to decide between a revelation m and the new ELAC PPa-2 ( with discount, I can get it closer to the revelation price). Just curious if gs ever goes on sale.
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 12:29pm
We make all our products have a fair price based on what their actual cost is, our (British) labour, the margins we must have to cover overheads, and the profit margins our dealers need which pays for their customer care.

We have to factor in distribution discounts, so to make our prices fair to all, we work on a distributed margin where our direct sales help us subsidise prices world-wide.

It leaves no margin for further discount because our prices are the lowest they can be for British individually handmade and fully tested audio products.

R&D costs are virtually give-away because I do it for the love of it, and we get a tax consideration which helps pay for it all.

If you bought one of our products at full price, only to find that you could have bought it cheaper through some "black Friday" or similar promotion, you might feel short changed?

The only way to do this is to inflate its normal price so it looks like a bargain when on offer.

We don't do any of this.

It is my rule to give my all to every product design I do; and for that product to be made only by time-served engineers, whom I personally know, and who share my life-long enthusiasm for making truly high fidelity audio.

The team consists of me; John Cadman and Leo Kirkbride; and between us we can justly boast to be amongst the highest experienced audio engineers in Britain - unsung heroes thanks to the crony press.

It is what we give your ears which will make you realise what a great bargain our full-time prices offer.
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
dclark2171 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclark2171 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 1:32pm
What is your typical turnaround time on a Revelation M order?
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:32pm
Quote from our website "Built To Order. Usually ships within 2 weeks"

I've never known it take more than three, but on one occasion our email notification failed to tell us of an order, but we spotted it and it shipped a week late.

As regards shipping, we use the fastest fully tracked services by UPS that don't attract a massive premium (to keep our shipping prices low), usually Express Saver, which can take one, two or three days depending on destination.

In many cases goods arrive within 2 weeks, often one.

Graham
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
patientot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patientot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 5:42pm
For people in the U.S., I would consider the removal of VAT charges and the forum member discount when making a factory direct purchase to be better than any gimmick sale. Smile
SL-1200 MK7 (modified) + Reflex M + PSU-1 used with AT150-40ML, AT VM95ML, Stanton 680mkII + Ogura, and Shure M35X cartridges.
RichW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 8:51am
Effectively no charge to the buyer for months or even years of dedicated R&D  
must be unique in this business. How much coin it saves the user can only be guessed, but
it must be significant.

Edited by RichW - 09 Dec 2019 at 3:01pm
Majestic/Enigma, Accession MM & MC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic