FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Using Accession MM w/SUT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nemu View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 9:53am
I very much like to listen to my Ortofon SPU Classic GM E MKII (0.2 mV, 2 Ohm). I connect it to my Accession MM via a Hashimoto HM7 SUT (build for SPU Classic). It sounds great, better than on any other phonostage I have used with the SPU. I must admit though, that until now I never tried to connect the SPU directly to my Accession MC.

Best Regards
Stephan
Accession MM (PSU1), Accession MC (Enigma PSU1)
shashirao View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shashirao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 12:06am
Over the years going thru the MC and MM routes, here are a few key things I have finalized that I like/prefer:

1. The MM route - I prefer the direct, full and bright sound of my Clearaudio Charisma cartridge. I have listened to this using the GSlee Revelation, later the Reflex MM and also the Accession MC. I have fondness for the Reflex M and hence I decided to invest in an Accession MM and have the best of the world...with the Lautus cables and Enigma power source...this is the perfect path for me.

2. The MC route - I am more inclined towards the MC cartridge - perhaps I hear more details, depth. My low output Palo Santos Presentation today pairs perfectly with the Accession MC. (I used it with the Revelation, Reflex/Elevator and Accession MM/Elevator combos). I have a few other favorite MC carts including the Miyajima Zero and Kansui. Today - they all play with the Accession MC.

The bottom line: I have dug an enormous hole for myself. There is no clear conclusion on which combo works the best. The more permutations you add to your path, the more lost you get. I have decided to archive my entire collection based on the following paths:
- Mono - using Miyajima Zero + Accession  MC
- Stereo - using Palo Santos Presentation + Accession MC (and if I survive long enough - do one set with the Clearaudio Charisma + Accession MM).

Lessons learned: Today the path is clear with Graham Slee products - I would start with Accession - either MC or MM, pony up for the Lautus and Enigma peripherals. The investment is all worth it. I would avoid taking those interesting diversions or temporary band-aids. Measure twice and cut once.

I have hardly participated in the forums thanks to the solid performance of the Accession - I archive around 4-10 vinyls a day. They are worth the investment - you never have to think about this section of your music setup - turn it on - keep it on...forever.
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 8:15pm
^^ Thumbs Up
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic