FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Will SRG II be enough?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LST View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will SRG II be enough?
    Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 7:15am
  Hello everyone.  I usually use HD 600 with Sony pha2a (a portable DAC and amp).  And now considering to upgrade my system.  I’m considering to by a Solo.  Since I’m still a college student, I don’t have much funds for hifi system, so I would like to know will there be a big difference between SRGII and ULDE? If SRGII is not so far from ULED, then I will have a SRGII because my fund is not enough for buying a ULDE, but if ULDE is much better, then I would prefer to wait until I can afford it.  And I live in China so I couldn’t join the loaner program to try before I buy.  I know sometimes the difference is not one is ‘good’ and the other is ‘bad’, but since it is hard for me to try them, I ask this bad question to help me to decide. Could you please help me on my decision? 
By the way, my DAC is SMSL SU-8 which is a Chinese DAC with price about £140.  I haven’t listened to it yet for I don’t have an amp.
Thank you a lot for helping me. Also apologize for my poor English QAQ.....
discrete badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discrete badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 12:39pm
I have both (well, actually, UL not ULDE).

Yes, the SRGII will very likely be enough to delight you, particularly if you have not experienced headphone amps of this quality. Yes, the UL is better.

So why not enjoy the SRGII now, and perhaps later, sell it and buy the ULDE? Or keep the SRGII if you're still delighted with it. 

Whatever you decide, if you just enjoy the music, you'll be happy Smile
CageyH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CageyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:32pm
Another option would be to buy the SRG now, and upgrade it with the ULDE board later.
Kevin
European loan coordinator, based near Toulouse, France.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic