FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

USB 3.0 Type C OTG Adaptor with Bitzie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB 3.0 Type C OTG Adaptor with Bitzie
    Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 2:26pm
Hi everyone,

I am looking at options to compile a decent portable media "system" as my new job allows me time to enjoy music again, albeit due to the commute.

So far I have brought my Etymotic ER4P back into service and have been listening to my tablet as I just bought a 512gb microSD card. As this is now essentially my only system (at least that I have time to use anymore), I want it to be as good as possible.

One option is to get a dedicated DAP with an in-built DAC, but as I already have a "powered" Bitzie at home I could potentially use this with my phone instead (with a new cable of course). Portability would become an issue but it is cheaper so there are pros and cons to both ideas.

My phone has a Type C USB 3.0 connection and historically, the Bitzie required an OTG adaptor to work. Working on the assumption that this is still the case, are there any recommendations of OTG adaptors that would work with Type c ports?

Thanks,

Tim
John C View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

gspaudio moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 8:54pm
Hi Tim,

There are numerous USB C OTG adaptors available and, from my experience with the micro USB adaptors in the past, they are all pretty much the same. I prefer to use the small solid adaptors rather than the cable type as they do seem to be a little more robust and reliable. The usual Amazon and eBay are a good start. We are just awaiting delivery of some of these adaptors which can be used with our Lautus USB cable either as a separate device or I can permanently fix it into the cable if required.
If you need any further information please send me a PM via the forum or give me a call on either of the first two numbers listed on the website and I’ll be only too happy to help.

Best wishes
John C
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 9:13pm
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I remember being recommended a micro USB one years ago by Graham but sadly tech moves on...

I have sent a PM.

Tim
miT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 9:39pm
While here, I probably should ask (and this is a long shot!):

Has anyone tried the Bitzie with a BlackBerry KEYone?

I did say it was a long shot... Embarrassed
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 5:58pm
Hi Tim,
I don't have a Blackberry or a Bitzie, but since the Blackberry runs Android OS and is specced as supporting USB host mode (OTG) it should work OK.
I would recommend the USB audio player Pro app which uses its own driver and has worked with every DAC I have tried connected to an Android smartphone.
Tony G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic