FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

IC's for Accession

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PaulRS View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IC's for Accession
    Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:31pm
Hello, 
Having decided to purchase an Accession M i have to think about cables.

Does the Accession show any preferences for copper, silver plated copper or silver cables?

The plan is to be cunning and use as many peoples experiences as possible to help the decision process. 
From the tonearm to Accession i have a choice of copper or silver cables.
If i go from Accession to amps direct it means a copper entry level anti-cable, about 4 meters length.
If i go Accession - preamp - amps its a 1 meter run and i have a choice of copper, silver plated copper, a vdh 102 hybrid and an old (mid 90's) AQ Lapis.

I will use my preamp to begin.
Currently my preferred combination is the silver tonearm cable into the phono stage and the vdh 102 from phono to preamp.
A few times a year the Lapis creeps back in but somehow that silver IC starts to irritate me after a few hours. It is subtle but something just does not gel with my ears.

One of the reasons for an Accession was to remove the preamp, if this sounds the best it means a long wait until i can afford another long IC.

Thanks in advanceBig smile

No Music, No Life!
Paul
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 7:49pm
Hi Paul, shortest reply from me: copper

Graham
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
Drewan77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Drewan77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 9:19pm
I agree that copper is my preference for a smoothly balanced response* & also strongly recommend the shortest possible, low capacitance interconnect from turntable to Accession. It really does make a big difference. 

In my case I found nothing to beat a 0.6m run of CuSat 55 pf/m at 75 Ohm. I had several much more exotic and costly brands previously but this cable really is quite amazing and a bargain to boot.

* have a turntable with silver Litz wiring and it is significantly 'brighter' than others I own.

Try to listen to CuSat before making the decision if you are able.
Older than I once was, younger than I'll be
Andrew
PaulRS View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Graham Slee Graham Slee wrote:

Hi Paul, shortest reply from me: copper

Graham

Thanks Graham, i will start with copper.
The silver Lapis is my most expensive cable to date, but it gets the least use!  
No Music, No Life!
Paul
PaulRS View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 4:27am
Originally posted by Drewan77 Drewan77 wrote:

I agree that copper is my preference for a smoothly balanced response* & also strongly recommend the shortest possible, low capacitance interconnect from turntable to Accession. It really does make a big difference. 

In my case I found nothing to beat a 0.6m run of CuSat 55 pf/m at 75 Ohm. I had several much more exotic and costly brands previously but this cable really is quite amazing and a bargain to boot.

* have a turntable with silver Litz wiring and it is significantly 'brighter' than others I own.

Try to listen to CuSat before making the decision if you are able.

Thanks Andrew.
I recently sent a head shell assembly off for a rewire so i will change to copper, which will save a few pennies and give me a choice. I have also found that more expensive does not mean better sound which is just one of my many audio mistakes (the list is long).
The shortest possible run for me is 1m with my current set up but i do have a long term plan to get a triple TT plinth made, but that is the last item on The List.

No Music, No Life!
Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic