FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Hana SL or SH?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hana SL or SH?
    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:13am
Dear all,
   All of the positive Hana cartridge talk has made me want to try one out. I’m a fan of Shiabata tips so I’m thinking about the SL and SH models. My question is, being an owner of a Reflex M and an Elevator EXP, should I go for the high or low output model? Does anyone think there’ll be a significant difference? Is there value in the removal of one box in the chain if I don’t need to use the EXP? On the other hand, I’ve read that the low output version is superior, but not having heard them myself (nearest dealer 175km away) I have no way of knowing if that’s accurate or just low output bias.
Any help?
Cheers,
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 8:15am
try looking at tnt audio think they tested both...
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:28am
I went for the SL version and it is very good.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:36am
I have the SH, and I'm very pleased with what it does :)
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 11:40am
sounds like either way it is a bargain then!
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:36pm
Please let us know how you get on Mick.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Aussie Mick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 3:23am
Thanks everyone. I’ve just hit holidays and I’ll be making a trip to go hear them if I can find a dealer who has them set up.
Mick.
Rega RP8 - Apheta 2 - Accession MC Enigma PS -Solo ULDE (Focal Utopia) - PS Audio M700 - Fical Kanta No2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic