FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Lautus burn in ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old skool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lautus burn in ??
    Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 1:53pm
Apologies for my laziness. 
I did start to read the Burn in revisited thread but after 7 pages I hadn’t read anything about interconnects. 

Is Burn In a thing that applies to cables or just devices with capacitors?

Can’t see why it should apply to cables other than when you turn it on each time?
Is the pursuit High Fidelity a sign of mental illness??
I think so....
BackinBlack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BackinBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 3:32pm
To sum up simply, everything in the audio chain and associated power supply exhibits burn in.

Happy listening
Ian
Just listen, if it sounds good to you, enjoy it.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 4:47pm
It would seem that all components in the reproduction chain have inductance and capacitance (whether significant or negligible) and anything mechanical like a vinyl stylus or transducer diaphragms/suspensions have elastic qualities. All of this stuff doesn't achieve a stable and consistent output straight away. The mechanical stuff needs some use whilst the electronic/electrical aspects need power-on time to reach a stabilised output. So even cables I would assume. I could believe that even small differences in stored charge in cables could affect the transmission of electromagnetic waves (signals) through it. Not that I believe that I could personally hear a difference. I'm more sensitive to changes in spatial presentation of audio (phase shifts) than I have ever been with detecting changes in dB SPL of certain frequencies. The listener needs to have the cognitive ability to discern what they're hearing too and for the most part, I don't personally have sufficient cognitive ability. Although sometimes the 'differences' are merely placebo. Even an attentive listener like myself has surely been guilty of hearing placebo differences on several occasions so I'm always careful to not have too much trust in my own judgement. I guess, as with a lot of things, it is all too easy to convince yourself that you are right, even when you are not.

Edited by Ash - 15 Jun 2019 at 4:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic