FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Accession with balanced output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
pcourtney View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 10:44pm
the older Beograms have a 7 pin DIN plug, but my 8002 only has 5, so I think it goes like this 

Beogram 5 pin is Stereo Right Channel Hot
Beogram 3 pin is Stereo left  Channel Hot
Beogram 2 pin is Right and left Cold 
Earth is the indent tab  ( and pins 1 and 4 are not used ) 

thinking this through a little more, really all I need is a 5 pin B&O socket as an input on the Accession, and Balanced XLR stereo output, I also do not need a volume pot either ( so fixed output would be better for me ) 

suspect this is not quite what you had in mind for Big Accession version Graham ??

Edited by pcourtney - 18 Dec 2020 at 12:13am
GS Accession MM Pre, Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 Amp and AKG K-1000 headphones
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 9:09am
I think it could have been Audio-Technica who made a range of analogue audio problem-solvers. Still, I've had a lot to carry in the grey matter, so it might not have been.

That was great in an era where it was of interest to many.  Now it's just the needs of the few - if that.

As the words of the song go, "if I could turn back time," I surely would. I don't think mankind gave analogue the chance it needed, and I think Bang & Olufsen were brilliant at demonstrating what could be achieved. Was the sound so bad that the review magazines had to destroy it? Or was it that there was no "bribery" budget?
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
pcourtney View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcourtney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 9:32am
I have heard about 10 or 12 turntables through your MM Accession, and the RWA headphone amp and the K-1000 headphones, decks from L*nn, Pink Triangle Anniversary, Technics 1200, Michell and lots more, all die hard Moving Magnet fans, using carts from Goldring to Shure and lots of other high end names that ruled the roost back in the late seventies, and the Beogram 8002 is not so bad after all, in fact using the B&O MMC1 and MMC2 carts that I have, and the more recent Soundsmith SMMC2, it does a remarkable job of playing vinyl without fuss and bother, the accuracy of the clock is 100%, the MMC1 (moving micro cross) is hard to fault, and I have changed the attitudes of many friends who have come round to listen to the 8002, they no longer dismiss B&O, and go away with doubts about what reviewers say, and about what people say on forums who have probably never heard a Beogram setup properly, but your Accession is the crown jewels Graham I have to say, probably makes any turntable sound like mine :-)
MrScott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 9:41pm
Hi Graham,
After more than ten happy years listen to vinyl with my Graham Slee Gram Amp2 SE (paired with Goldring 2500) I would like to upgrade in 2021. An MM Accession with balanced output would be perfect. So should I wait just a few more months?

Happy New Year Beer

MusiCol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusiCol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 6:20am
I too would be interested in an Accession with balanced output but my biggest request is for the RCA’s to be placed further apart as it’s a very tight fit to get my cables connected… I can’t tighten the connectors since they are jammed against each other!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic