FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

ADC recommendation?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Smokeyjoec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokeyjoec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ADC recommendation?
    Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:04pm
hi, I was wondering if there are a lot of users using the Accession MM and which ADC they are using between their preamp and their computer?

Edited by Smokeyjoec - 07 May 2019 at 5:05pm
morris_minor View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morris_minor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 5:32pm
I use a Lexicon I-O 22, which I got when I was using a Reflex M as the 22 allowed adjustment of levels. With the Accessions of course this is now redundant because the variable output on the Accessions allows level setting. 

You can see/hear the I-O 22 in action here: https://vimeo.com/299166526
Bob

Majestic DAC/pre-amp
Accession MC/Enigma, Accession MM, Reflex M, Elevator EXP, Era Gold V
Solo ULDE, Novo, Lautus USB and digital, Libran balanced, CuSat50
2 x Proprius + Spatia/Spatia Links
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 6:59pm
That looks good Bob. If it helps Joe I record from my Accession into a Zoom H2N (recording volume on zero so level can be adjusted on the Accession) using an SD card which I then plug into my computer to copy the files. I use 48kHz WAV and have had a few years of enjoying the results of this simple, relatively cheap device I can leave on my hi-fi rack.
Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
tg [RIP] View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tg [RIP] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 1:25pm
I use an M-Audio Profire 610, both this and the Lexicon are discontinued but may be found secondhand on ebay.
In the prosumer line of studio interfaces, Focusrite and Presonus also have offerings that might suit.
Going markedly more upmarket into Pro Audio interfaces, RME, Lynx, Benchmark and Mytek are ones I have considered.
Some require Firewire and others are USB.

Edited by tg - 08 May 2019 at 1:26pm
Tony G

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokeyjoec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 4:14pm
thanks very much for the information.  More to research on my part.

Joe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokeyjoec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 8:12pm
sorry, I’m a little confused.  What cable is used between the Accession and the Zoom?

Thanks Joe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic