FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Upgraded to Ultra Linear!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
capetownwatches View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capetownwatches Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 7:21pm
Ah now that's where it gets interesting because the unit I've bought is "gently pre-loved" and although it literally looks brand new, I cannot get more accurate feedback on usage than "very little"...! Ermm

I will inspect carefully when it arrives prior to switch on.
Solo UL=Kingrex HQ1=NFB11.32=LD Mkll=SRM353X=DAC1 USB=RL Concero
LCD2F=HD6XX=SR-L500=DT990 600Ω=TH-X00=K612Pro=K240S=Y50
KRK Rokit 6=Mogami/Sommer->Neutrik/Amphenol
Hbuus View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hbuus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Lucabeer Lucabeer wrote:

After almost 30 hours of settling, I am listening to the Solo UL with some very very heavy metal (Ill Nino).

My impression is of complete ease of listening. Even such a heavy, congested and "dirty" kind of music does not give ear fatigue. Bass is plentiful: the difference between the UL and the 2009 SRG is that even when the mix gets really bassy, you can feel the vocals clearly and not swamped in bassy mud. And anyway I am a bit surprised by one thing: I was expecting a completely neutral signature, almost clinical. It's not: it's warm, and I feel that there's a certain "euphonic" quality to the decay of notes. Not a reverb, but it seems like they have more "presence". The same euphonic quality that differentiates vinyl from digital. Overall, anyway the UL seems "natural". Detailed but not shrill.

For me, something has a completely neutral sound signature if it portrays the source material faithfully without adding or subtracting anything sound-wise. To my ears, ULDE does this. 

Btw. funny story:

After buying an audio interface with a quite good headphone amplifier, I sold my ULDE because I thought it was a little overkill for me to keep it, now that I had the headphone amp in the audio interface. But guess who regretted that sale almost immediately afterwards! The headphone amp in the audio interface gives me fatigue, and it's not as detailed or natural-sounding as the ULDE. So now another ULDE is on my desk. I was lucky enough to find one on Ebay at a decent price. This time it's going nowhere - ever!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic