FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 10:34pm
Oh, that's what you meant... Embarrassed

I'm not as adventurous as I used to be, and I don't know if I'd get permission from SWMBO, but both are a small detour from the route between Aston (where we usually stay) and Burford (via Abingdon because I can't put up with the Oxford ring road), but I usually get lost anyway even with my Garmin... Embarrassed (you'd think I'd know where I was going after more than 40 years of driving around the area... Wink)

That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 9:10am
Yes, I am acquainted with Mike who runs Play it Again in Wantage, have been tempted to make the odd purchase there and often pop in for a chat. 

Probably bought a lot more when it was under the tenure of Vince (who now owns the shop opposite).

Shame that the fella who runs the pop-up in Cornerstone had to close his record shop in Wallingford at the end of last year.

Graham Slee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Graham Slee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by McHolmeM McHolmeM wrote:

Shame that the fella who runs the pop-up in Cornerstone had to close his record shop in Wallingford at the end of last year.

Are there any closer to J6 M40? Got a list?

Edited by Graham Slee - 01 Feb 2019 at 10:03am
That none should be able to buy or sell without a smartphone and the knowledge in how to use apps
McHolmeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McHolmeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 11:18am
Used to have an app on my phone called The Vinyl District which listed any record shops within a given location.

The Music Box in Wallingford was conveniently located for M40 J6 but Richard Strange closed it at the end of last year. 

Some weekends he'll do a pop-up in Cornerstone arts centre in Didcot which is a bit further along the A4130 from Wallingford. Not sure the frequency these take place. 

He's doing a Vinyl Takeover and Retro Night at Cornerstone next month on 29 March. 
SnrDidcot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnrDidcot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2019 at 1:04pm
This is Play it Again's Facebook page

They're only open Wed-Sat.

Mike who own's it has just purchased a record cleaning machine and only charges £2.50 for a clean + a new anti-static sleeve.  ( But, only for regular customers ).

You can message him Graham with your list I'm sure he'd oblige. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic