FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

PC Power Supply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 3:43pm
I'd agree (as has Chris last time this came up) about max/full digital volume and using the manual volume pot. That said the digital volume is rather handy when you're sitting comfortably...

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.
Chris Firth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Firth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Fatmangolf Fatmangolf wrote:

I'd agree (as has Chris last time this came up) about max/full digital volume and using the manual volume pot. That said the digital volume is rather handy when you're sitting comfortably...

My opinion hasn't changed.
Reducing the bit depth makes things sound flatter than they should.

Thankfully my (analogue) amp has remote control, so I too can remain sitting comfortably.
In my book all amplifiers should have RC!
Don't need it to switch inputs, although it's nice if it can.
Just volume up or down is the bare minimum, and a mute button would be the icing on the cake.
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 5:10pm
Agree that having had a RC for about 5 years now would mo6 want to give it up without a big reason-more so with vinyl as I can drop the stylus at relatively low volumes and increase on the way back to the listening chair and if not quite right can readily adjust in situ.
Ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 8:23pm
When I originally composed this topic, it wasn't intended to just about a PC PSU; it was supposed to be about a PC power supply and motherboard pairing. I want the best digital signal to go into my Majestic DAC, that is all. RPi  alone or with hat board is an option but I would prefer a PC solution. Have been doing a little research. Only really managed to find one of the most cringeworthy advertisements for a product that I have ever seen. Along with the pretentious air of marketing BS, even has some fine female eye-candy to go with it. Judge for yourself. Marketing is such an insult to even a basic level of intelligence...

Edited by Ash - 27 Dec 2018 at 8:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic