FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Dynavector Cartridge Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:45pm
Thanks for asking and yes Richard, I eventually opted for the Te-Kaitora Rua, however I also went completely mad and upgraded my 'table and arm at the same time so can't really say how much of the massive improvement is down to the Dynavector! It all sounds wonderful though Big smile
Derek
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 2:12pm
Oh dear, sounds expensive!  What have you gone from/to Derek?
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:28pm
I stayed with Origin Live but moved up their range and am now a proud owner of the Sovereign deck with a Conquerer tonearm, superb...one very happy listener

Edited by Suggs - 15 Jan 2019 at 2:26pm
Derek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:04pm
Happy listening, which you are!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:02am
sure you are continuing to enjoy the TKR Derek - has it changed as it has settled in? It had been suggested the XX2 was kind to poor quality or worn records have you noticed much difference (which could result from all three components).
Suggs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:36am
Yes Richard, I am still enjoying the TKR very much but, as you hinted at, it's very difficult to say which of the front end upgrades is giving the most improvement but the overall sound is excellent and will keep me happy for the rest of my days . I'd guess that the better deck/arm combo is allowing whatever the cartridge is doing to really come through unhindered.

The sound did change fairly drastically after the first 20 hours or so, it was disappointing prior to that and I would say took around 50-60 hours to fully come "on song" (there are so many parts that needed bedding in across the three components) and hasn't changed since then as far as my ears can tell).

Thanks for the interest and I'd recommend that you should seriously look at upgrading to the TKR once your Dynavector needs replacing
Derek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:49am
Thanks Derek, I think this would not get ‘approval’ however much I wanted one and to be fair think it would be beyond my willingness to spend an additional £2,000 or so over another XX2 (px); even if I could find it.  Other than an Acc MC I suspect my vinyl system will be in my final form!  Keep up the enjoyment!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic