FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Graham Slee Audio Products Owners Forum

Open to all owners plus those contemplating the purchase of a Graham Slee HiFi System Components audio product and wishing to use this forum's loaner program: join here (Rules on posting can be found here)

This website along with trade marks Graham Slee and HiFi System Components are owned by Cadman Enterprises Ltd

Low output moving coil into Accession MM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Richardl60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low output moving coil into Accession MM?
    Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:35pm
i have been using my low output Dynavector XX2-2 (0.28mv) in to my Elevator and Accession MM for some time now.

My preamp has adjustable gain (+ or - 10db) and tend to listen backed off to say -4db and loud listening is typical 10-30/11.00 on the volume control.  The elevator boosts output by c20db so I should only be losing around 6db if max gain on input used which should be readily accommodated by turning the volume up a little around 12.00 - 1.00 on the volume.

In theory this works but I will lose out on the Elevators loading - any other pitfalls can anyone see before trying it?

Fatmangolf View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:59pm
Hi Richard I hope I have understood correct correctly, you plan to remove the Elevator and have the XX2-2 go directly into the Accession MM? I think the lower signal will require more gain and noise will be an issue. This could be tested quickly by turning the volume up to 1 or 2 o'clock with no music playing through your current setup.

You've probably checked what the loss of the EXP loading options will do by switching the EXP to 47k loading with the switches in the middle.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 10:14pm
correct John I will report on my findings when I get the opportunity.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:36pm
I am curious to know how you got on Richard? I'm working this weekend but will try my Hana SL into the Accession MM if time permits.

Jon

Open mind and ears whilst owning GSP Genera, Accession M, Accession MC, Elevator EXP, Solo ULDE, Proprius amps, Cusat50 cables, Lautus digital cable, Spatia cables and links, and a Majestic DAC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardl60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 9:57pm
Still on the to try list Jon, after my hols so will be in to December
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:03pm
Please have a great break Richard. I'll run a secret test after the open day here and we can compare later.

Jon

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatmangolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 9:56am
I must confess I am enjoying my Hana SL into the AccMC (with Enigma PSU1) too much and haven't got round to trying it with the AccM yet.

Jon

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic